Capcom has dated DmC: Devil May Cry's first (free) DLC pack, which introduces skill-builder's favourite Bloody Palace mode. Ninja Theory has also put together an update which, from the looks of the changelog below, boosts the game's challenge factor in a number of key respects.
Bloody Palace gets here on 20th February - next Wednesday. The idea is to battle your way up a tower with 100 floors, fighting increasingly difficult enemies on each floor. We named the DLC one of 2013's most promising Xbox 360 add-ons earlier in the week.
The update goes live at the same time as the new mode. Here are the patch notes:
- Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
- Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
- Arbiter "Drop" now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
- Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
- Damage done by weakest enemies increased
- Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
- Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move.
- SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
- No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)
Still playing DmC? Any more thoughts to share?