Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will launch in the US on 23rd April, Capcom has confirmed, with a UK release following on the 26th. An expanded edition of the action-RPG Matt gushed over last spring, it includes all the original's content alongside new areas, missions and foes.
The expansion will be sold as both a boxed and a digital release. As noted by GameChup, players of the original will reap the rewards of brand loyalty when/if they pick up the expansion - save import perks reportedly include a new costume pack, 100,000 rift crystals and an inexhaustible Ferrystone.
The latter will be of particular interest, I suspect, as it lets you fast travel without penalty. I might go see how my old Main Pawn's doing this evening. When last we drew swords together, he climbed into a fountain and complained that he was wet. Salt of the earth.
"Just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitterblack Isle and it is here that gamers will discover an underground realm, complete with new terrifying foes to face and incredible treasure to find as they embark on an all new quest," reads a blurb on the new area.
The full Dark Arisen loadout is below. Ta for the heads-up, VG247.
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments
- Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over