Battlefield 3 add-on pack Aftermath goes live for all Xbox Live users today, in case you'd forgotten. Key features: a crossbow that's good for multiple ammo types (sadly, not including sink plungers), a new Scavenger mode and maps set in post-quake Iran.
Find the unabbreviated bulletpoint synopsis below. As I've written elsewhere, the whole "fight for survival" buzz-phrase is somewhat belied by the sophistication of certain of the new gizmos. There's a pick-up truck with a remote-controlled machinegun turret, for instance. Wonder how much that would retail for in the outside world...
- Deliver death in silence with the all new crossbow
- Four new maps including Epicenter and Markaz Market that introduces a fresh, destructive take on urban combat
- Three new vehicles modified to showcase ingenuity and firepower
- New Scavenger game mode, an objective based Conquest mode where lost soldiers armed only with a pistol must search the environment to find more powerful weapons and increasing their chance for survival
- New assignments, achievements and dog tags
And now, a trailer. Are you tickled? And what are you hoping for from Battlefield 3's last DLC pack, the 2013-bound End Game? It's said to have Apocalypse-Now-style bits in it. In other news, EA insists that DICE isn't a "Battlefield factory" and that new projects are underway.